Paste list of defined names
To paste a list of defined names to a location in the current workbook, do the following:
- Select the cell for the paste target, such as cell B5 in the example in figure 1
- On the ribbon use the sequence (the last item), or simply press the F3 short cut
- In the Paste Names dialog box, click the item. The list is now the selection
- To resize the selection column width, press
The Paste List result includes all defined names with workbook scope, and name constants as shown by ② in figure 1. On the other hand, the worksheet scope item ① is not included in the Paste List items.
Note: Defined names are sometimes called "range names" in the language of Lotus 1-2-3.
- Download a copy of the file shown in figure 1 fss20xx_1_ass1 [36KB]. No content, only defined names.
- This example was developed in Excel 2013 Pro 64 bit.
- Last modified: , [Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST)]
- Published: 16 March 2015
- Revised: Thursday 6th of February 2020 - 05:37 PM, [Australian Eastern Standard Time (EST)]